Friday, June 23, 2006

We're here!

Well, after a crazy, sleepless night - I had two hours and Josh didn't even come to bed! - we actually got ourselves and our kiddos and a whole bunch of our stuff onto a plane and flew for 3 1/2 hours and arrived in Toronto yesterday afternoon. I gotta say, West Jet is awesome! The flight crew is friendly and fun and each person gets their very own satellite TV. OK, you pay for the headphone but they're only $1.00 so whatever. You can order a movie but that was $5.00 so we opted for flipping channels. It was so fun. The kids really enjoyed the flight and I gotta say so did I. Air Canada can learn a lot from West Jet - maybe to hire some friendly flight attendants instead of the grumpy, impatient, not-fun-at-all crew we had when we flew back from Romania 2 weeks ago.

So - we are staying at a friend's house outside of the city and are really enjoying it. Unfortunately, our friend's wife and daughter are not here - they're out of the country visiting family - so we're hanging out with him. He's at work right now so we've taken over his gorgeous, huge house and pretending like it's ours for a few hours. We're probably going to head to the mall pretty soon - don't have enough stuff along - gotta buy more! : )

I gotta tell you about last night: we went to our favorite restaurant here: it's called Frankie Tomatto's and it is out of this world! It is an Italian all-you-can-eat buffet and it is crazy good! You gotta check it out:

We just have the best time there! I'm still full and it was yesterday! I actually mostly stuck to the seafood - their seafood chowder was amazing! And the salmon, and the calamari...yummm....I did head over to the BBQ section - after all, Thursdays is steak night! And what steak. Oh...baby! I get way too excited about food. Ok, I'll stop now. If you are ever anywhere near Toronto, you gotta try it! I just wish we had it back home. No, scratch that! I would be there all the time.

So I've completely forgotten what it feels like to be relaxed and to have nothing to do and nowhere to go. It's weird! I'm not sure what to do with myself. I know - how about NOTHING! Yup, I'm going to sit around and do nothing for a while. That sounds like a plan!

We'll be here for two more days and then we're headed to the ol' U.S.of A. for a week. We're going to a pastor's retreat at our headquarters - they take really great care of us there. Gonna get spoiled rotten in Jersey! I'm not sure if there's going to be any opportunities to get to a computer there so I thought I'd do a quick update from here.

Hope you are all having a great day. I'll check in again before we leave here. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home