I'M HOME!!!
Praise the Lord! I'm safe at home. It's so great to be back on planet North America. I am so glad to be back with my family and back to my life. I am so thankful for my house, my shower, my bed, my water, my couch, my girls, my hubby, my cat, my van, my church, my country! Not necessarily in that order. It really does feel like I arrived from another planet.
I arrived on Friday night at 1:00 am - so technically Saturday morning. It was SUCH a loooooong trip. Four airplanes. Lots of stop-overs. Our stop-over in Bucharest was 6 hours! It went fairly quickly, though. The worst flight was from Bucharest to Frankfurt. It was 2 hours long and was awful. The air pressure in the plane was so weird - I felt like somebody was sitting on me. Had a hard time breathing the entire flight. To top it, there was a Romanian lady sitting next to be with the most horrid perfume I have ever smelled. My friend actually got really sick in that flight and had to fight nausea most of the rest of the trip. After the long flight from Frankfurt to Toronto (8 hours), I didn't want to get on another plane again. But we still had one more 4 hour flight to go and we had already been "on the road" for 24 hours. By the grace of God, both my friend and I slept the entire flight. Neither of us even remembered the take-off! How sweet it was to finally be in my home town again and see my family waiting.
So far I am doing really well. The jet lag hit me around late afternoon but I forced myself to stay awake til about 9:30. It wasn't too hard since the Oilers were playing and it was quite a nail-biter. BUT WE WON!!! After the game was over, I totally crashed. I read our little one her bible story and just zonked right out. Even the crazy partying outside didn't keep me awake - and it was LOUD! You would have thought we had already won the cup!
So now am downloading all my pics. I took 839 Photos and 56 Video clips (most of them 30 seconds long). NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It sure is fun to see all the photos. Most of them turned out fairly good. Some are shamefully blurry but oh well. I will be creating a Romania slide show sometime this week so keep your eyes peeled!
Well, I am going to go enjoy my coffee from my coffee maker now.


3 Comments:
great to hear that you had a wonderful trip, and that you are home safe.
Look forward to seeing your pictures.
Sorry I'm a little late with my "Welcome back", but welcome back Helen!!!
You still up for that coffee I owe you?
you bet, Kim!
Post a Comment
<< Home