Well, it's been a tough week so far. For some reason, I'm still dealing with jet lag. It usually doesn't take me this long to get over it. I didn't have any jet lag at all on the way over so I guess I'm getting a double dose now. I feel really great in the morning, but as soon as the afternoon hits, I get so tired and very cranky. I don't like being this way but I just can't seem to kick it.
Working two jobs sucks! I am really not enjoying my 2nd job right now. I love my job at CAIRD, but the other job is really tough to take right now. Maybe because I go in the afternoon.
Well, I have been working on downloading and viewing and organizing all my photos and man, it's a big job! They all have to be resized too because they're all huge files since I had my camera on highest resolution. I will be posting a lot of them on my Flickr account. But for now I will post a few here. Here ya go:

ANTICIPATION
waiting in the Montreal
airport
Working two jobs sucks! I am really not enjoying my 2nd job right now. I love my job at CAIRD, but the other job is really tough to take right now. Maybe because I go in the afternoon.
Well, I have been working on downloading and viewing and organizing all my photos and man, it's a big job! They all have to be resized too because they're all huge files since I had my camera on highest resolution. I will be posting a lot of them on my Flickr account. But for now I will post a few here. Here ya go:

ANTICIPATION
waiting in the Montreal
airport
___________________________________________________________________________

MEDIAS
(pronounced "Mediash)
This is the town where Father's House
and the Center of Hope are located -
this is where we spent most of our time
____________________________________________________________

MEDIAS
(pronounced "Mediash)
This is the town where Father's House
and the Center of Hope are located -
this is where we spent most of our time
____________________________________________________________
This lovely bouquet and welcome note
awaited us the night we arrived.
Talk about a nice welcome!
_________________________________________________________________________________
First Romanian Breakfast
This was our little eating area - next to a
nice little kitchen. There was also a couch
in this room so we hung out here a lot.
nice little kitchen. There was also a couch
in this room so we hung out here a lot.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
This is the very first place we went the first morning -
The market. There were stands of vegetables,
fruit, flowers, knicknacks, etc.
I was still too shy to take photos of people so
this is all I got.
By the way, those flowers:
They're FAKE!
The Center of Hope
After the shopping trip, we headed to the
CAIRD Center of Hope. This facility
will have it's grand opening this fall. It will be a
Center for many people to use for many various
functions. The vision of C of H is:
"To Identify, Equip and Empower
Romanians to reach Romanians for Christ"
________________________________________________________________________
CAN IT BE TRUE?
"Am I really here?"
Is all I could think that
first day.
Getting ready to feed the 5,000!
NOW WE JUST NEED SOME FISH!
NOW WE JUST NEED SOME FISH!
_______________________________________________________________________________
My friend, Doris, who accompanied me on the trip,
was getting right into the whole potato peelin thing.
She was very warmly embraced and welcomed by all,
and felt very comfortable right away.
was getting right into the whole potato peelin thing.
She was very warmly embraced and welcomed by all,
and felt very comfortable right away.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Domna Gombar
Mrs. Gombar is the cook and custodian for the C of H.
She is the sweetest, most loving lady and
she always spoiled us with yummy sandwiches
____________________________________________________________________________________
DREAM COME TRUE!
How many people get to meet
their sponsor child?
A. is the most sweet, humble, quiet, lovely girl
and I loved her from the first moment.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The first evening, my friend and I went on a walk.
There were already so many impressions.
The air had a perfumed scent as a lot of the
trees were still blooming. It was a beautiful evening.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Catholic Church
This church is at the end of the street where we
stayed. We were so thankful because
it's steeple helped us find our way home many times
during our time in Medias.
stayed. We were so thankful because
it's steeple helped us find our way home many times
during our time in Medias.
____________________________________________________________________________________
LONG DAY
This cute little couple drove by us during our walk.
Most likely they were coming back from a
long day hoeing the fields. This was quite a
common site in Romania. Many people still
drive horses and carts there.
Most likely they were coming back from a
long day hoeing the fields. This was quite a
common site in Romania. Many people still
drive horses and carts there.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Bedtime Snack
Heading home
Can you see all the potholes? The
roads all through town are in such bad
shape. Potholes everywhere - you have to
drive in a zig-zag pattern to avoid them.
roads all through town are in such bad
shape. Potholes everywhere - you have to
drive in a zig-zag pattern to avoid them.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Feast for the artist's eyes
a photo taken also for Jill
____________________________________________________________________________________
B. is the boss's little guy - he was
abandoned by his bio. mother so
Peter and his family have taken him in
as one of their own. We saw a lot of him
as his home and our place shared a courtyard.
abandoned by his bio. mother so
Peter and his family have taken him in
as one of their own. We saw a lot of him
as his home and our place shared a courtyard.
____________________________________________________________________________________
What every little boy needs:
A LOVING DADDY!!!
_______________________________________________________________
And that, my friends, was THE FIRST DAY!!!



















1 Comments:
You know you could have done a link to flickr - just put the pics in a specific tag file.
Very nice, btw.
Post a Comment
<< Home