Saturday, April 01, 2006

Been a tough week

Hey everybody. Hope you've had a good week. I have had a tough one. Emotions have been all over the place. The kids were home from school (spring break) but we didn't have the money to go away and for some reason, I was really bummed about that. There's been quite the negative atmosphere here lately - I think I just really felt the need to get away. Red Deer would have been far enough - just anywhere. But alas, the finances are low and we just couldn't swing it. We did take the kids swimming yesterday but it didn't really help my mood. My poor family's had quite the bear of a person to deal with. Oh well, I guess the Cranky name wasn't so far off after all.

Today was a tough day too. I started off pretty good. Woke up feeling almost normal - made pancakes for breakfast and tidied the kitchen. Pretty good for a lazy bum like me. Then I decided to take the girls to the mall - just to get out and our oldest wanted a new purse so I thought it would be fun. It was - for a while. Then our oldest - the one who was sporting a lovely new purse on her shoulder with a new wallet inside - the only one who had received anything today - the one who had just had an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen - chocolate dipped! - the one who had just said that she felt bad when she saw poor children on TV - started complaining that her little sister was taking too long to eat her cinnamon bun and was chewing too loud and the mall is going to be closing soon and we had only been to two stores! That's when Mount Helen errupted - but GOOD!!! I just lost it. I stormed out of that mall and got them all in the van (barely) and went screeching out of the parking lot and flew all the way home. I'm sure it was quite the site! Since then I have been feeling all kinds of emotions: anger with her, anger with myself, remorse and embarassment for the way I handled it (some adult, eh?), worry about our family, worry about my sanity, and the list goes on...

What can I do about a child that cannot even be in the same room as her sister? I am at a loss as to what to do about this. She cannot even handle chewing noises or breathing noises, or laughter. She goes around the bend with every little thing! Is it right to discipline a child/teen for being anal? If she can't handle this, how is she going to handle all the crazy stuff the world is going to throw at her?

Anyway, now that I've blogged it all out, I am going to go to the living room and watch a movie. Josh has rented me the movie "RENT". Hope it's good.

Take care, everybody. Blog ya later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Mueller said...

Thanks, Tash

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home