Taking a year off
So I'm going to bite the bullet and do something I have wanted to do for years. I'm taking the year off. What exactly am I talking about? Well - I'm taking a year off Christmas! Now i've got all kinds of people shocked and dismayed. When I say i'm taking a year off, I mean that for once, I am going to refrain from shopping, gift giving, card sending, letter writing, etc. This means I can also refrain from all that comes with these activities: nail-biting, hair pulling, screaming at children 24/7 because i'm all cranky and stressed, lying in bed awake all night because of an unbelievable fear that I will forget something or do something wrong or let somebody down. It's just not supposed to be like this. I have spent the last years (I really don't know how many) dreading and then hating the month of December. I just want a year off!
Now don't get me wrong. I am definitely going to CELEBRATE Christmas. In fact, i think because of the lack of stress, I will probably celebrate better than ever. I am looking forward to it for the first time in many years. Yay for Christmas - BRING IT ON!
Oh - and by the way, my family and I will be home for Christmas for the first time in 12 years! That's going to be just awesome. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!


2 Comments:
I am glad you are taking a stand. After all, Christmas isn't really about all that other stuff. I hope that in celebrating it that I may visit with you some time.
You go girl! Oh, it's Stacey, but I'm logged into Josh's gmail apparently :)
You KNOW I think it's awesome and courageous, cause I'd love to, but am waaaay to chicken YET :)
Post a Comment
<< Home