Friday, December 29, 2006

Fun times

It's been a really good week. We had a great time at our friends' place on Boxing Day - it was our friend Tash's birthday. We had a great supper - ordered in Chinese food and played games. We were introduced to a new game called "Quelf". It was hilarious! Then we played a round of Settlers - Cities and Knights expansion version. Alas, I have finally lost at that - and super badly too!

On Wednesday we took the kids to a movie at the cheap theatre. GREAT NEWS for people who live around here! The cheap theatre now has snazzy new seats! I can actually fit my big ol' bottom in them now! It was down-right comfy! Anyway, we saw "Open Season" - really enjoyed it. It was fun. Then we took the girlies to the mall and had supper at the food court and just enjoyed hanging out. The girls got gift certificates for Christmas and they were burning big, huge holes in their purses! Our oldest scored some great jeans and a nice top at Suzy Shier. Ah....I remember the days when I could shop in that store.....sigh.....Ah well. I was really happy that she could find something - she has like almost nothing to wear - no exaggeration.

Then on Thursday was our middle girl's bday - she turned 11. After our traditional pancake breakfast, we headed out and went bowling. We had quite a bit of fun there and then afterward, we went to Dairy Queen in lieu of a cake (since she'll be getting one for her party next week). In the evening, she wanted to drive out to the legislative grounds where they have everything all lit up for Christmas. It was kinda cold (poor Daddy turned into an icicle!) but it was lovely seeing all the lights and the ice sculptures. They even had Christmas music still playing through the loud speakers - very magical atmosphere. After we had our fill of that, we headed home and enjoyed hot chocolate and potato chips (we sure LOVE our S&V!). Then we watched the latest Superman movie. The kids enjoyed staying up really late.

Today was another fun day. I got to sleep in til 10:30 am - been doing that quite a bit this week. Then I met a blogging friend in person for the first time - I met her at Swiss Chalet (yumm...) for lunch. It was a lot of fun. It's kind of neat finding out that a person you've blogged with is actually real and alive - not just a figment of your computer's imagination.

Then after that I took my girls shopping to the big mall. IT WAS INSANE!!! I mean, it's not boxing day, people! I couldn't believe it was that busy. But we still had a pretty good time. I scored 4 pairs of pants and a top for my little one. She was hurting for pants so I was really happy. She's such a skinny little thing that I wasn't sure we would find anything. I'm so glad we did. She's happy, too, which isn't always a given - she's my little fashionista. Sound familiar, Vixen?

After the mall, we headed to the opposite end of town to a family who invited us for supper. We don't get invited to people's places too often (other than to fire feather's place) so this was quite a treat. We had a very yummy supper and a really good time of visiting. We stayed way too late - I'm feeling really bad for that family. We're night owls but I don't think they really are. They kept saying it was OK so I guess it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, I am feeling quite content and happy right now and just wanted to quickly post this before bed. I've been going to bed way, way, way too late this past week and I've got to start adjusting myself to a more normal schedule or next week will be really tough. Hoping you all had a good week too.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liam J. said...

Sounds like you were very busy over the Christmas season. The weekend of Christmas was deadly-busy for us, but we unwound a little shortly after Christmas, but then everyone except me got sick, so we're picking up the pieces from that.

Now we're looking to start getting up earlier for school/work/getting started.

10:20 AM  
Blogger SpagettiKopf said...

Why am I just now seeing this website???? I saw something else I thought was your blog - but it wasn't really - so I never saw all these entries!! Ok!! Thanks for your sweet comment. It's HARD to be a Mom - even if you have had a good example.

The best antidote I know to the January blues is time with Jesus - I can't explain it but He really is faithful to meet me - trouble is that when I have the blues I don't seek Him as I ought to.....isn't that just like a fallen human being?!! Gotta run! Wish I could go to a JW Horton's - or whatever it's called! :) We need one down here....ok, I want one down here! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger SpagettiKopf said...

Yupp - you've got the record for 2007! :) Hey - if you wanna write about what's going on - I'm there for ya, k?

Chatting with a lady in an orphanage in Mongolia. Well, my husband is and I'm listening in on the conversation. I'd like to hopp on a plane and go visit right now!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Liam J. said...

So, I heard a rumour that you sometimes post here. I tried to debunk it, but the word is now on the street.

How's it going, Helen?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

Hey Liam,

I have tried several times to post a new entry and Blogger will not let me in to my site. I have gotten really frustrated and am sick and tired of this crap. I have constantly had trouble with Blogger - even before this current issue. It sure doesn't motivate me to try to update here. That's why I went to another blog - I very rarely have trouble there.

Have any tips for me?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Liam J. said...

Here's a tip: Gimme the link to your new site.

Seriously, I've been having trouble with Blogger, too, but I don't lose anything because I write it out in Word before I ever go into Blogger, then just copy/paste it in. Then when it breaks, it's a matter of minutes instead of a half-hour. Still frustrating, though.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

Hey Liam,

it's working fine now so I'll be updating shortly. If you still want to read my other blog - I update that one a lot more often- here is the link.

http://www.xanga.com/littlelitehouse

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home