Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Workin' 9 to 5...

Hey everybody,

haven't posted since Easter. It's been a nutty week. More insomnia, for one thing - and then when I finally learn to sleep again, a little 6-year old sits at the foot of my bed, crying. "Mummy, there's a fly on my pillow!" So I take her to her bed and show her that there is no fly on the pillow, no fly in her room - NO FLY IN THE ENTIRE HOUSE!!! Nope, she does not believe me and just refuses to get back in her bed. After much coaxing, I finally get her in there and tell her to go back to sleep. Then I look at the time: 4:15 am. It took me a few minutes to get back to sleep but at least I did fall asleep. Still, broken sleep is not quite the same. Still waiting for a straight 7 hours. That would be nice.


So today I started my second job. Yes, I am back to working at the Chrysler dealership. Making phone calls mostly but I might need to help with some other tasks there as well. I will be going there a couple of times a week to get more income. Half-time work is just not paying all the bills. I've been feeling quite the pinch lately. So I prayed about it and then - like always - God provided. Like, right away! I did my asking and then maybe a couple of days later, my friend T tells me she has nobody to make her calls and is getting really behind. VOILA! So she's put me back on the payroll at the dealership and I am now a Chrysler employee again. Who'd-a thunk it? Kinda crazy! A really great benefit - other than earning a bit more - is the fact that I will once again have employee benefits - which includes a discount on service for our van! Amazing!



So, anyway, for the first half hour, I felt like a complete moron because I couldn't remember how to do ANYTHING! I guess I completely erased that job from my memory
bank. ; ) After that, I caught on pretty quick and by the time I left 3 hours later, I was back to being a pro at the ol' Chrysler survey. Yay! Now I'm pretty tired and would like to just crash on the couch for the rest of the day. Let's see if the munchkins let me.

Hope all is well with y'all. I'm sounding more and more American all the time. It's just so much shorter than writing "you all"!!! Hey, I'm lazy! So I want to give a special shout-out to dear Kimmy and her kiddos, who I heard are sick - again. Praying for you to get better FAST!!! To make you feel a bit better, here's a bouquet for ya! : )


2 Comments:

Blogger agapetos said...

Oh, there you are! I've been looking for you! Another job! Wow! Hope you have a good day!

10:03 AM  
Blogger KimLiving said...

Thank you Helen! After two days of a fever and dizziness I'm starting to feel more human again. I think the 11 hours of sleep last night may have helped - and also Lily sleeping for more than 1 hour at a time!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home