My poor baby!
So my dear hubby is in pain - big time excruciating P A I N!!! His foot has been killing him since Sunday and he can barely walk. I had a small victory today: I finally got him into the doctor's office! Yay for me! Why is it so hard to get a man to see a doctor? Anyhoo, he's at the doc right now (Medicenter) and I'm just waiting to hear when I can pick him up. For those who would like, please pray for the guy - he's really suffering. I'll update y'all later.UPDATE:
Just to clarify, no - those are not Josh's feet but they look pretty much exactly like that - nasty! The doc appointment went well - he was in and out of there in half an hour, which is normally unheard of in "walk-in" clinics. I guess everybody's going to the hospital ERs these days.
I was very relieved that they did all kinds of blood tests to make sure they check all kinds of possibilities. But most likely, it is a reoccurence of gout. It's a really nasty condition that mostly men get as they get older. In case any of you are interested, here's the website: http://www.arthritis.org/conditions/DiseaseCenter/gout.asp
Josh had gout a few years ago (it also started with severe pain in the foot) and was told that he would have to take meds for the rest of his life. After a couple of years, though, he decided to try to go off the pills and he's been fine ever since. But when his foot started hurting, I was thinking that might be the gout again. The doc said it was most likely the case. So that's the diagnosis until we get the blood test results. Thanks to anyone who's been praying. Keep it up - he's still in agony - although he still did the bible study tonight - sheesh!


2 Comments:
Oh my goodness .... I wonder if he has gout? Jason had it last fall (but it didn't begin to look that bad, however I saw pictures that looked a lot like that). Jason could hardly sleep and was in A LOT of pain. The medication eventually helped, though he had to refill the perscription at least once. I'll be praying for him.
My Dad keeps asking "which foot?"
I hope he got his answer last night... sheesh.
Post a Comment
<< Home