Valentine's Day
Well, our Valentine's Day date was definitely interesting. First we went to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Thankfully, the wait wasn't too long. Josh ordered a massive steak dinner and I had the ribs. The food there is actually quite good - a little on the pricey side but plentiful and delicious. The service was not bad. We had a pretty nice time there.
Then we wanted to go see a movie so we headed to Gateway 8 and bought tickets for "Firewall" (Harrison Ford- woohoo!). So we sat down in the massive room to wait for the start of the movie - we were the only ones there. Five minutes later, the guy who had just received our tickets comes in and tells us that the movie is broken and we will need to either see something else or be refunded. As there was nothing else playing there that looked any good, we got our money and headed over to the Cineplex at South Commons. I expressed my desire to see "Matchpoint". So Josh graciously bought tickets and we settled in for a couple of hours of what we hoped would be good entertainment. Now one of the reasons I wanted to see this movie was because of all the great reviews it got. Well, I should have known better than to actually believe people who leave their comments on a movie site. We sat through two agonizing hours of a story that felt like it was 4 hours long. I'm not saying it was the worst movie I ever saw - I've seen some pretty bad ones and it did have one or two charming moments. But it was soooo slow moving! And quite boring. My poor husband! - he likes action and science fiction and anything that actually has something happening in it. He was a trooper but I felt his pain. When I told him afterward that it was a Woody Allen movie (he somehow missed it both in the credits and when I told him before the movie started), he went: "Ohhhh! That explains everything!" We have both decided that we do not like Woody Allen movies - at all.
All in all, it was still a nice evening. We sure enjoyed being together and talking without being interrupted by the kids. I really do love Valentine's Day and I am thankful for my hubby and for our marriage. We really are so blessed. I sure would have liked to see the Harrison Ford flick, though.



7 Comments:
I haven't been a fan of Woody Allen's for quite some time. A few of his early flicks were watchable, perhaps even enjoyable, but the last twenty years have not been gracious to him.
Everything Woody Allen's ever done is crap.
I think he must have something on film critics because everything he does is pure gold in their eyes.
Maybe he gives them really good smack. I heard that film critics like smack.
what is smack?
Heroin.
New York, right? And one of Woody's former girlfriends was arrested for possession and distribution of Heroin.
That sure explains some things for me.
Post a Comment
<< Home