
Ok. So it's 5:40 am right now and I have been awake for 3 hours now. I was in the most blissful sleep when our 12-year-old woke me up with her little whimpering noises. She was up late working on 2 projects due for tomorrow (junior high is sweet) - don't make me get into why she hadn't done it before - I don't have the strength! Anyway, she was finally trying to get to bed when she "lost" her nighlight! So she started whimpering!!! Loudly!!! So I went to her room and told her it was time to get to sleep. So she flops into bed and her bed falls apart! We've been having trouble with her mattress falling through the frame because stupid JYSK can't make the stupid slats long enough so they fall through. So I sent her to our guestroom bed and tried to get back to sleep. Nothing doing! All I could think about is how exactly I am going to fix this problem with her bed. So I went for a mental shopping trip to Home Depot to buy some supplies to fix the problem. But then all kinds of ideas and scenarious assaulted my brain and that was it - no more sleep. So I have spent the last 3 hours basically surfing the blogging world. There are some really neat people out there and I have really enjoyed my tour. So at least I was able to find something interesting to do with my time. So now I'm trying to decide if I will go back to bed and try to sleep for 2 hours or if I will just stay up and wait it out. I'm just not sure.
2 Comments:
wow. amazing how little description there was...and yet, i managed to completely envision the whole messy incident with some very likely accuracy. sorry the night went so poorly for you. hopefully she learned her lesson (deadline wise), but i wouldn't count on it.
The worst dreams happen when you fall back to sleep in the morning. I have had so many awful dreams at that time - and they always seem so real.
Post a Comment
<< Home