Monday, February 20, 2006

I LOVE FAMILY DAY!!!

I'm sorry to all those reading this that do not live in Alberta. Well, I'm not actually all THAT sorry but I guess it's polite for me to make a token apology for what I'm about to write about.

I JUST LOVE THIS HOLIDAY!!! Most years we head off to the Rockies for our "mountain fix" but we decided this year to just stay put. It has been such a wonderful, relaxing, non-stressful day so far. I slept in til almost 11:00 am and stayed in bed til almost noon. Since then we have sat around in our jammies, watched Olympics - just watched the Canadian Women's Hockey team win GOLD!!! - ate wickedly fatty fried chicken, spent some time blogging, and just hanging around. Life has been so busy and crazy and stressful lately and it just feels soooooo good to have no plans, no appointments, no place to go. We are loving it! We may go and do some bowling or something later - or we may not. Whatever we feel like. So what did the rest of you Albertans do today?

May God bless whoever came up with this holiday!

5 Comments:

Blogger agapetos said...

I'm not an Albertan ... so I sent my children to school, and my husband to work, and I had a personal holiday .... I sat around watching Olympics, specifically the hockey game, and eating chocolate! Its was a marvelous day here in the Peg too!! (I'm determined that spring is on the way!).

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

fricken family day, you suck!
Hope you hada great time together.
I need a picture of Becca

4:23 PM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

for?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

The one that was missing from our christmas card.
We got one of the other 2 girls, but none of Becca.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

oh yeah - oops! I'll get it to ya.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home