I finally got it - I have a RESOLUTION!!!

People have been asking me: so what's your New Year's resolution. I tell most of them that I don't do that - mostly cuz I'm sick of setting goals and failing at them year after year - especially the weight thing. Anyway, it finally hit me today: I DO have a resolution: This year I am going to clean up, declutter, and organize my office. It's chaos and I'm tired of it. I can't find anything in there - it's like the Bermuda Triangle. So people of the world - hold me to it - I'm going to create - here it comes:
O - R - D - E - R !!!


8 Comments:
When people ask about resolutions, I tell them that my resolution is to stop talking to people who ask me about resolutions.
It was a cranky New Year, what can I say.
And gakked from your sis-in-law's blog:
"Those who insist on having an orderly home will never know the thrilling sense of glee at finding something they thought was lost forever."
I don't make resolutions, but congrats to you for picking one. I'd recommend doing the FlyLady thing. She's worked wonders for me.
to kim:
I can't believe you know about Fly Lady - you're the first one that's mentioned her in a long time. I used to be really into her system but I got annoyed with the whole "clean your kitchen sink" thing. There are 5,000 more urgent in my home than my sink!!! Anyway, some of her tips are really handy, though. I might have to have another gander at her site - it's been 2 years.
I find a lot of her ideas to be really good, but there are many things I don't do. The kitchen sink is one of them, and the dressing to shoes each day is another. I like being in bare feet at home and there's no way I'm going to go around in socks and shoes all day.
On a similar note, she's got a book out now called Body Clutter. I ordered a copy last month and I really like it.
what is gakked?
My resolution is to go one day at a time, and not get so streesed out beyond that.
And my other one is doing my blog, and thinking of 1 positive thing about each day, because, I know that I am a huge complainer.
that's great, tan, I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home