I'm back!
Hey! Well, I survived band camp! It actually went really well.
I don't even know where to begin. We went to Camp Nakamun - Check it out! (thanks, Vixie for the linky tutorial) : ) The trip out was crazy because we were on a school bus and it was a very bumpy ride - also the kids were all really hyper so it was super noisy in the bus. The camp itself was absolutely wonderful. The girls stayed in the main lodge and so the rooms were kind of like hotel rooms. The first surprise - to my extreme delight: I got my OWN ROOM!!! I was soooooo happy. And I was in the room right next to Rebecca so that was cool. The camp was right on a lake and my room faced the lake so I had an amazing view. The next surprise was that we parents had TONS of free time!!! We were to supervise the kids whenever they were not in rehearsal and the rest of the time was ours to do with as we pleased. Well, the kids were in rehearsal A LOT so that meant LOTS of wonderful, peaceful free time. JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!!! So what did I do in my free time? The following:
- got to know some wonderful people - the other parents - we did a lot of visiting and got to know each other pretty well
- went swimming twice (both times I had the pool to myself)
- sat at the lake and talked - and listened - to God
- read my book - really love my book
- went for walks with the other moms
- soaked up the sun!!!
The times of supervision were all pretty short and the kids were pretty well-behaved for the most part. There's always a few that keep ya on your toes but, hey, they're the ones that keep it interesting!
As for Rebecca, I was concerned about her and how things would go socially. She had had a difficult time even finding people to room with. She ended up being the "fifth wheel" in a room that was only supposed to hold 4 people. Her roommates were none to pleased by this. She had a really tough time the first day - seemed very lost and her roommates didn't seem interested in hanging out with her. But by the 2nd day, she was in pretty tight with them. Thank you Lord! It was so hard to watch her flounder but I really prayed and then released her to the Lord and He took care of it. Aint HE great?! That was a real lesson for me in LETTING GO!
Well, now we're home and are trying to rest and take it easy so we can get back to the swing of normal life again tomorrow.
Hope you are all having a great week. I hope to get around to visiting your sites in the next few days. I have lots to catch up on!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home