Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Mini Goals for Helen's Haven

I did it! I set up my list of mini-goals for my 2006 resolution. I'm pretty happy with myself. I feel like I've taken a big step toward it becoming reality. I'm actually excited about this now instead of dreading it. Now I have to take it one step at a time and get each thing done. In the end, I will have a cozy little getaway just for me. I can't wait!

Here are my mini goals (some of the mini goals have mini goals but I won't bore you all with those):

1) Empty out Room

2) Sort through the Crap

3) Shopping (this could be the fun part - if I can find some good deals):

4) Prepping of Room

5) Final Set-up

My aim is to complete this project by August of this year so that I will be ready for the kids going back to school in Sept. I'll do goal #1 & #2 from now til March; #3 & #4 from Apr - June; and then #5 in July - Aug. I could probably do this much faster but knowing that life gets so busy and that there will be chunks of time that I will not be able to do any work on this, I decided to take it slow. That feels more realistic. So there it is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Krista Leddy said...

What? No comment on the fab crab dip?

6:45 AM  
Blogger KimLiving said...

Go Helen go!!

Making the mini-goals easy is a good plan. I've often planned to do way too much in too short a time and it all just goes kaput.

Good luck and keep us updated!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

to vixen:

I blogged something especially for you. It took me a while to find the pic I wanted to use.

to kim:

thanks for the cheers!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Hey Helen,
All the best with that plan.
my resolution is to take one day at a time.
my doctor wants me to de stress, and to let people know when they piss me off. so i talked to mom already, and 2 other people.
So if for some reason step 1 is not done till April, don't panic, take it one day at a time.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Liam J. said...

Hey, Helen! That's great. I'm in between books, right now. The last one is in my bag and the next one is at home, so I had nothing to do during my break. It felt weird, not having a book to read...

Note to self: Remember book tomorrow.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

yeah - too many more days like that, and you'll fall behind schedule!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home